Get James David Audlin's Current Book at Amazon!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ranting the Truth, not Gassing Political Platitudes

How about you? Are you sick and tired of everybody screaming and nobody listening? Are you fed up with boneheads insisting they, and only they, are right and anybody who doesn't just fall down at their feet to worship must be the bonehead? Are you tired of name-calling, of personal attacks, replacing good honest respectful (even friendly) discussion of real issues about real people?

Then join me here.

I don't care if you think of yourself as liberal or conservative or any other label. Me, I eschew labels altogether. My own views are far too complex to go under somebody else's label, especially when it, like all the other labels, has been dragged through mud and twisted and pulled until it doesn't mean anything any more. I am an individual, and my views are my views - from my perspective, based on my experiences and reading and conversations and observations and prayers. Not anyone else's.

I live in a country where 99 out of 100 local people have never heard of Sarah Palin, but whose lives are not stunted and deprived as a result. There is more to life - they would tell us - than convincing the other side that Palin is (take your pick) a brilliant public servant or a moron who thinks she sees the presidency knocking on her bedroom window.

Except for the filthy rich, who are redesigning the world to better serve them and their bank accounts, everyone in the world is hurting. Even here in Panama I see signs of the corrosiveness of American money and power, and even here I see the effects of pollution from industrialized nations. What saddens me is how many people actually believe these mendacious arrogant hypocrites who gerrymandered and political promised their corporate funded way into public office, and promptly forgot (if they ever knew it) that their boss is the people, not the party boss, that they are there to serve the people, not the CEOs.

Am I mad? You betcha. Do I want to yell and scream like everybody else - an ineffectual bellowing against incontrovertible forces? Nope.

I just hope that one by one people who are actually awake and aware, will band together and put a stop to all this nonsense and demand - THE TRUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment